Lots of newbies to data science might think that this field is just about R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, and conventional machine learning precedures or statistical modeling.
In this post you will discover some powerful articles that depicts how modern, broad and deep data science truly is.
Most data scientists are actually doing none of the above. Some don’t even code, rather, they make applications interact with each other, in a machine-to-machine communication framework.
It is safe to admit that most data scientists use R, Python and Hadoop-related systems though.
The article on deep data science (below) portrays that data science is also about automating the assignments that a lot of people (calling themselves data scientists) do routinely.
Moreso, it can be carried out utilizing very little mathematical/traditional statistical science. Simply put: data science is all about automating data science.
Most of the articles referenced below are a few years old, but their content is even more relevant today than ever.
These powerful articles would most likely help the data science newbie have a better comprehension of what data science truly is. Some are a little technical, but most can be understood by everyone.
24 powerful Articles About Core Data Science
- Data Science Compared to 16 Analytic Disciplines
- 10 types of data scientists
- 40 Techniques Used by Data Scientists
- 50 Questions to Test True Data Science Knowledge — also read this article
- 24 Uses of Statistical Modeling
- 21 data science systems used by Amazon to operate its business
- 10 Modern Statistical Concepts Discovered by Data Scientists
- 8 Deep Data Science Articles
- 22 tips for better data science
- How to detect spurious correlations, and how to find the real ones
- High versus low-level data science
- The of curse of big data
- 4 Easy Steps to Structure Highly Unstructured Big Data
- Fast Feature Selection with New Definition of Predictive Power
- Fast clustering algorithms for massive datasets
- Building blocks of data science
- Life Cycle of Data Science Projects
- Data Scientist Shares his Growth Hacking Secrets
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Data Science, Machine Learning, R, Python
- Data Scientist vs Statistician
- Data Scientist versus Data Engineer
- Data Scientist versus Business Analyst
- Data Scientist versus Data Architect
- Vertical vs. Horizontal Data Scientist